Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Benefits of God

Psalm 103

I think it is pretty easy from time to time to get bogged down with life. You drudge on from day to day, and although you have a relationship with God, when "life" happens it is very easy to look at the people around you who are not Christians and see them prosperous and with plenty of money and say, "Here I sit trying to do the upright and good thing. Here I am trying to follow God with my life, and these people who openly mock Him are living the high life."
What are the benefits of being a follower of the one true God?
  • He forgives our sins
  • He heals all your diseases
  • He redeems your life from the pit
  • He crowns you with love and compassion
  • He satisfies your desires with good things
  • He renews your strength
  • He works righteousness and justice for the oppressed
  • He has revealed himself to you
  • He is compassionate
  • He is gracious
  • He is slow to anger
  • He is abounding in love
  • He will not always accuse
  • He will not harbor his anger against us forever
  • He does not treat us like our sins deserve
  • He does not seek revenge
  • He has a great love for those who fear him
  • He has removed our transgressions from us
  • He has compassion on those who fear him
  • He knew us before we were made
  • His love is with those who fear him
  • His righteousness is with our great-grandchildren
  • He has established his kingdom
  • He rules everything

I'm so thankful for Psalm 103. It is nice to be reminded just how good it is to be a part of the family of God. It is very easy sometimes when life gets you down to forget the blessings that God has given you and the benefits of following him.

Which of the benefits listed in the above is the most meaningful to you? Why?

For me it is the fact that God will renew my strength like the eagle's. I spend a good portion of my day giving vast amounts of energy both at work and home in an attempt to be a good employee, boss, father, and husband. Many times I get so involved and so bogged down with GOOD things that I'm just plain exhausted. It is nice to remember that God is there, and that he hasn't forgotten about me, that he has redeemed my life from the pit and will renew my strength like the eagle's.

Thank God today for the blessings that he has given to you.

ADDITIONAL TEXT:
Check this out for further reading-- Isaiah 40:27-31

No comments: