Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bye Bye Bye

This morning my lovely wife, Jodi proceeded to hook me up to my medicine (as she does every morning and evening). As she began to push sterile saline into my Picc line we began to notice that something wasn't right. Fluid began collecting underneath the sterile dressing that covered my arm. This was followed by blood.

My Picc line had sprung a leak.

Learning from my previous mistakes, I didn't try to fix the problem on my own. Instead I called the nurse immediately. Upon arrival she confirmed our suspicions... the line was old and would have to be removed.

So for the time being I am line-less. Everything is fine, but we are awaiting on the NIH to decide what they want to do. I am scheduled to return in 6 days for a check-up, and frankly, I would love to have about 6 days without a line in my arm. This would mean that they would call in oral anti-fungal drugs for me to take until I returned to Maryland for a visit. The other option would be for me to go and have a new Picc line placed today at UAB... we frankly don't like this option.

Pray that the docs will be content to wait until next week to see my progress. Pray that the best would happen for me, my family, and my church.
Pray I don't go crazy in the mean time not knowing what people are thinking and not being a part of the conversations.

No comments: