Tuesday, March 31, 2009

That's enough

I was just sitting in my hotel room here in Maryland, musing over the fact that God, despite the fervent prayers of His people, didn't remove this infection from my lung.

I actually said the word, "I'm not smart enough, God, to understand what you are doing here."
Then I remembered the words to a song we sing at church on a regular basis.

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed what God has planned
I only know at His right hand, stands One who is my savior.


I am moved to tears even as I read these words now. That's enough. I don't have to understand what God is up to, but I can trust that He is up to something. I don't have to know if I will live or die, because I'm assured through Jesus Christ I'll live forever. That's enough.

I'm off to the drug store to buy some sunscreen, and then I'm going to try to head into DC for some Cherry Blossom viewing. I hope I don't get sunburned.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This reminds me of a quote I read a while back. "Because I know Who, I am willfully unconcerned with why." It was written by Angie Smith, a woman who carried and gave birth to a child she knew would live a very short time. It comforts me often on the days I just don't get what God is up to.