Sunday, April 26, 2009

Morning by Morning

In a few minutes, I will be able to speak to my church via the wonderful world of the internet. In the mean time, I figured I would update you quickly on this morning's events. My pancreatic numbers are still elevated. This is puzzling my doctors something fierce. They don't understand why they are elevated, and especially why I have no other symptoms. The Doctors have called in a technician to perform an ultrasound of my liver and pancreas that will happen first thing this afternoon. Hopefully, we will be able to see why my enzyme levels are the way they are.

I have struggled more this morning than I have in a long time. I have spent a lot of time crying. Mom and I went to the chapel service here at the NIH this morning and although it wasn't Hayden, it was nice to be in a room with a dozen or so other followers of Jesus Christ. That was encouraging. Upon returning to my room, an old hymn was repeating over and over in my brain. I quickly looked up the scripture on which the hymn is based and this is what I found:

Lamentations 3:17-26
I have been deprived of peace; I have forgotten what prosperity is. So I say, "My splendor is gone and all that I had hoped from the Lord." I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness, I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.


Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father. There is no shadow of turning in thee. Thou changest not, thy compassions they fail not. As thou hast been, thou forever wilt be.
Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand has provided. Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Holy Spirit was in our church today.Hearing you speak brought joy to all who attended.Remember God is in control. He knows his perfect purpose and will. We will understand all this one day.

You are in our prayers.

CT and ST

Anonymous said...

Jeremy my friend- Thank you for sharing with us today. Once again your words are such an encouragement. As you taught us from Habakkuk 3:17-19 "The Sovereign Lord is our strength". Such a beautiful picture of living faith. May our God give you heart joy, lower bad numbers, & fill your lung with good tissue today.
Judy Mc

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart and thoughts with us today. I was truly blessed by the service. It was also good to have Jodi share with us yesterday and today as well. Love you guys and just want you back soon. ES