Monday, April 27, 2009

A song

Last night as I lay in bed unable to sleep I began to pray to God for His peace. I began to picture a large loving papa who allows me to crawl up in His lap to find comfort and security. Literally, this chorus began to play into my mind. This morning, post CT scan, I pulled out the computer and jotted down some more lyrics. I may need to rewrite some words, but they are very meaningful to me, and they are a pretty accurate depiction of how I feel this morning. I thought I would share them with you.

So let me crawl up in your lap

And hold me with the arms that hung the stars

Let me rest with you a while

Fill me with your peace

Fill me with your strength

Remind me of who I am

And who you are

Let me rest with you a while


The road before me is winding

And shadows darken every slinking turn

I don't think that I'm strong enough

to walk the road laid out for me

So as all hope seems to be lost...


Let me crawl up in your lap

And hold me with the arms that hung the stars

Let me rest with you a while

Fill me with your peace

Fill me with your strength

Remind me of who I am

And who You are

Let me rest with you a while


I've never felt so lonely

I've never felt so far from my home

Depression filters over me

I can't do this on my own

I need your new mercies this morning


Please let me crawl up in your lap

And hold me with the arms that hung the stars

Let me rest with you a while

Fill me with your peace

Fill me with your strength

Remind me of who I am

And who you are

Let me rest with you a while.


I'm a child of the king!

A chosen one of God!

The apple of your eye!

Your grace surrounds my circumstance

Your love injects my soul with your greatness

Reminding me of your grace

And giving me the strength.


And although the road is dark and winding

And darkness creeps into the the recesses of my soul

Your strength will see me through

Any path that is from you

But when I feel weak and tired and alone


Let me crawl up in your lap

And hold me with the arms that hung the stars

Let me rest with you a while

Fill me with your peace

Fill me with your strength

Remind me of who I am

And who you are

Let me rest with you a while.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Jeremy! Jackie Russell

Anonymous said...

Romans 10:15 How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel.
PRAYING BOLD- J MC

Anonymous said...

Awesome, it touched my heart deeply. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

I've been there. Different circumstances, same feelings. Know that you are not alone! Depression always causes us to see only what the enemy wants us to see. God is on your side, and He is a loving, all powerful Father as your lyrics say. I know I'm preaching to the preacher, but sometimes we need things "drilled" into our heads. Psalm 3:3 "Thou, O Lord, are a shield for me, the Glory, and the lifter of my head." We've all been praying for you. Whatever God has planned, trust Him.
I love the lyrics you wrote. Would love to help set them to music if you don't already have a tune.
- Richard

Anonymous said...

What an amazing team we have - you, Jason, and now Richard! What a priviledge! We WILL see you soon. Am praying until I hear more.

Anonymous said...

Jeremy,
What a wonderful place to be able to go to, to crawl up in His arms and rest, you have "so" many wonderful God given talents, did not know song writing was one of them, it is so beautiful and it touched me to the core of my soul. We have been where you and Jodi are now, it seems so dark and sometimes you feel so alone, but you are surrounded by love "all the way from Hayden" and your Fathers precious love. Jim sends his love and told me to tell you to hang in there, it does get better, not always as good as we would like, but better.
Praying for you our precious friend!
Jim & Brenda

BETH said...

wow how beautiful are those words. I can't wait until i can hear you sing it.

Jodi Powell said...

How wonderful it is that God gives us words to praise Him with even when we don't feel like we have the strength to utter the word "help". You are my best friend and my love and my heart swells with pride to hear God use you in the midst of this GIANT storm. I am thankful that I have married a man after God's own heart. Remember that feeling this way is acceptable as long as you admit it to God. He knows and He wants you to cry out to Him and He longs for you crawl up into His lap and He is overjoyed that you have shared this desire with others. I love you!

Lisa S. said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I look forward to hearing you sing that for us! Love you and miss you! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Love your post. Sometimes, it take music to soothe the soul. I totally know how that feels. We are faithfully praying for your safe return tomorrow (hopefully). God is doing amazing things through this.

Kristen said...

Thank you. Now, if you'll just add a "tissue alert" to any future posts of similar content. Love you and expecting God to be big (like He could be anything else!) every step of the way. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you today!... and, every day until I see you again! I'll even pray for you when you get back if you want me to. Really miss you... anything I can do... let me know.

TOOT's