Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow

Great news again today! My enzyme numbers have decreased another 300 points overnight even with food! Praise God! Thank you for your prayers! The Lipase is 1003 and the Amylase is 169. Three days ago those numbers were 1900 and >400 respectively. Wow! God's just showing off now!

The doctors came in and were elated that I was handling food and they have decided to progress me to a full diet. Remember, 24 hours ago I was on IV nutrition and hadn't eaten for 5 days. Don't worry I'm taking it slowly. Last night I dreamed about a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, but I know it will be a few days until I can have one of those.

They are wanting me to eat what I would be eating at home, so if my numbers increase I'm here where they can take care of it, rather than in Hayden where I would have to rely on George to perform an emergency Gall Bladder removal

Dr. Malech told me that if everything stays stable (meaning there doesn't have to be much improvement) that I can go home tomorrow or Friday. I told him that tomorrow sounded fine with me!

So we wait, and we look forward to the morning. Tomorrow may be the day I come home. I can't wait to see you all again. I can't wait to hug my girls. I can't wait to see my wife.

The doctor just came in and told me that tomorrow is the day. I also have been granted a pass to be able to leave the clinical center. Mom and I are currently trying to decide what to do. We may try a short trip into DC just to see how my body reacts to the activity level. Praise God, I don't have to sit in a hospital bed today! God is good!

Words cannot describe what an impact you have had on the people here at the NIH. I shared with the whole CGD team today Mary Grace's plan for fundraising for the Friends of the Clinical Center. Thank you all so much for showing the scientific community what Christians are supposed to do! You all amaze me

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day trip. We will see you soon! God is good.

Unknown said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that song, and now it has more meaning than ever. Praise GOD! God is so Good, and we can't WAIT to see your smiling face, see you in church (where you are meant to be) see you with your family, just SEE YOU!
Abby always says "she was born to eat chocolate" - Chocolate can cure almost anything, eat, eat, eat (but not to fast) Have a wonderful day, and we will SEE YOU TOMORROW!
Jim & Brenda

C. Edwards said...

Praise GOD!!
cre

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! He is so good and we all look forward to seeing you soon. Enjoy your day. Jackie R.

Richard Metts said...

Praise God!!!! I don't know who sings it, but lyrics are popping into my head - "I'm going home to the place where I belong..." I'm so happy for you, grateful to our Great God, and so proud of your church, which is also now my church!!

Kristen said...

WOO HOO!!! I could not be more excited for you! And yes, if George ever comes at you with a scalpel, please run the other way!

BTW: Richard the song is by Chris Daughtry from American Idol! Great song...and artist!

Anonymous said...

This is the news that we have all been praying for. Praise the Lord - Isn't it wonderful how God works? Hope you have a great day trip - it's too bad that Tracey is no longer at Bolin AFB there in DC. Greetings and blessings to all! Take care and be careful going home. Love ya, Aunt J & Uncle C

Lisa S said...

Yea!!! you know that all the "Mother Hens" here will be at the Women of Joy conference this weekend. Jodi is on her own. But we will be back!
Love You! Lisa

Kelly Russell said...

This is FANTASTIC news! God is good!

Richard and Kristen - When I read the words to the 'song in Richard's head' , my first thought was "TAKE me home to the place where I belong" (John Denver) and not Chris Daughtry. Does that make me a nerd???

Dianne Lyles said...

Kelly-me too, I think that makes us old and nerds!
DL

Dianne Lyles said...

Wow, Jeremy, Wow! Be safe. DL

Anonymous said...

yea glad to hear this. you know we will be be gone so be good.love see you when we get back.love debbie