Monday, May 04, 2009

Positives and Negatives

This morning, through some knuckleheaded actions I took, as well as some things that were beyond my control my PICC line migrated out of my body quite a bit. This means that the end of the line is not near my heart where it should be, and it means that the line that came out (and may have gone back in) poses a risk of infection. It freaked me out quite a bit.

I have been to the doctor and they have performed an X-Ray and praise God all looks OK. The only fear now is that the line may get infected. So for the next few weeks I will be carrying around thermometers with me everywhere making sure I'm not symptomatic. Please pray that infection will remain at bay.

Last night our church took some time to share what God has done in our lives over the last 3 weeks. Please take some time to listen to it. Click here and then choose "Three Weeks of Captivity for the Glory of God-- a testimonial service." Fair warning: get Kleenex and sit down, it is around 1 and 1/2 hours long. If you like you can skip the first part, that's just me anyway, God was really at work in our congregation!

Lastly, I will share with you a passage of scripture that God laid on two church member's hearts over the last few weeks. It makes me proud, and gives me such hope.

Psalm 91:14-16
Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high because he has known My name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble: I will rescue him and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him and let him see My salvation

Psalm 92:12-15
The righteous man will flourish like the palm tree, He will grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still yield fruit in old age; they shall be full of sap and very green (The King James says, "They shall be fat an flourishing.") To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Cathy Doss followed this Psalm 92 passage by stating that she wanted to see me fat and flourishing. I want to report that I'm well on my way. In my time in Maryland, including 5 days without food I lost 21 pounds. Today, because of my PICC line I was weighed at the doctor and had regained already 10 of those pounds. I'll be fat before you know it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving to the Lord- I am a life that was changed. My prayers are continuing for you and your family. May our God keep you infection free. Love to my friend.
Judy Mc

Unknown said...

Jeremy: glad you are back in Bama! We have been praying hard for you, and will continue to do so.

We need to get together soon, let the kiddos play, and do some serious eating. If you need to gain weight, then I'm your man. I've had lots of practice ;)

Be blessed,
Chason & Shelly Farris

Anonymous said...

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians 3:20-21 (NIV)