Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Special Little Girl

My daughter Emma is four years old, and  she is already much wiser than her dear old dad.  Last night, as she was saying her prayers she asked God to have daddy’s tube taken out of his arm so that he could feel better.

From her lips to God’s ears.

Today the ordeal that began last December has come to an end.  The final chest tube had been removed almost 4 weeks earlier, and as of 11am EST the Picc line no longer found a home in my right arm.  My medicines have been adjusted and I will no longer fry when exposed to sun.  It is over.

My lung has expanded just like we hoped and that it would.  I am expected to recover completely.  My doctor, as he left my room this afternoon, bowed his head and looked back at me.  “Your recovery is nothing short of miraculous.”  He said.

Miraculous.  I know.  God is just showing off now!

1 comment:

krista and ryan said...

Yea Great news Jeremy. We love you guys:)