Monday, April 27, 2009

Lung Update #32 - part b

So Jeremy just texted me and shared with me that he is getting to take a shower. THAT IS HUGE! He has not been allowed to do that since being in the hospital. We have had a lot of sponge baths, but he hasn't been able to completely immerse in a shower. They just bandaged him up really well and then changed the dressing post shower. You know that is going to feel fantastic and rejuvenating. So PRAISE THE LORD FOR A SHOWER!

Continue to pray for the enzymes to go down. We finally got someone to give us our goal in terms of an answer to what we should be aspiring for in terms of enzyme #s. He should be around 5-600, but instead he is currently at 1700. So we need the numbers to plummet tomorrow. Jeremy is thinking that Dr. Malech will not let him go until Jeremy is on a regular diet and maintaining good enzyme counts. I am praying harder than that. Pray that tomorrow they drop dramatically enough that they let Jeremy start liquid diet tomorrow. If they continue to drop on Wednesday, than I am praying they let him come home and start his low fat diet or even take the risk of sending him home on just fluids. I can make some mean jello and we already have some Dora popsicles. :)

As Jeremy has already informed you, he is going to have his tube removal and replacement procedure this afternoon instead of tomorrow. I AM ELATED. Here is the promises I hear in that. That is one day closer to home. He can have a "surgical" procedure performed today, and that will give the doctors no leverage in arguing that he "just" had surgery tomorrow when we begin discussing a change in diet and possible travel. Changing the tube will also give Jeremy further mobility and assist him in transportation and movement in and around the hospital. Changing the tube out will give a less bulky mass in his body to aggravate and annoy his system and his overall well being.

There is a definite change today. Monday has come and God has been BIG. I pray you see that and that He has been BIG FOR YOU exactly where you are in life today. I cannot tell you the enormity of the pressure that has been lifted off my chest. God wrestled with me all night last night trying to get me to release my anxiety and I couldn't shake it. When I got the text that they were pulling the tube this afternoon, it was as if someone had popped a balloon in my chest and all the air just exploded out of my body. What release and amazement. I know we are far from done, but HALLELUJAH FOR TODAY!

No comments: